Monday 15 November 2010

1 more day.

My last exam is tomorrow. I can not wait to be able to relax, do fun things and not feel guilty for it. It's at 5.45pm tomorrow, I have the whole day to revise but really I just want it to be out of the way. We're having a party tomorrow. Really it's about time, I don't know how we haven't got round to it. But it's good to have something to look forward to! Hopefully will be a good, good night.

Today is my Mum's birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM

It's also 4 months today since I arrived in Australia. One third of the year gone already. I think once I start traveling time is going to fly by. I'm really not looking forward to next semester though. I imagine it'll be a bit of a let down having to go back to work after such a long break of doing anything I want to. Hopefully I'll be able to worry a bit less about money though as I can go back to my job and not have to save everything I earn. And it'll be nice to live in a different part of the city.

I've been thinking alot about what I'm going to do in the life scheme of things (Massive procrastination). And my current plan is to volunteer at a hospital next semester -this will hopefully help me figure out if I actually want to be a doctor. And then when I get home do some voluntary work/ shadowing so I have something to write on my UCAS form and apply to graduate medicine. And then if I don't get in, I will most likely apply to do a PGCE. But I also like the idea of working for the World Health Organisation -I'm not sure in exactly what capacity but I like the idea of being involved in health promotion. I was also sort of considering trying to get some placement work next summer but I've come to the conclusion that it would be pretty pointless as I really cannot imagine myself working in a lab. I'm hoping that next semester I'll earn enough money to be able to buy a car when I get back and maybe enough money to not have to get a proper job over the summer -maybe just babysitting or something. Although I think this is going to be massively dependant on whatever the exchange rate is. But atm it looks like it'll work out well that way (although I am so poor while I'm here). But only if I don't end up spending all my money. Perhaps I should transfer it as I get it.

The weather is getting really hot lately. I even had to sleep with the fan on. I've resorted to revising on my bed as well. When I first moved in I really liked it that I had my own mini office, but the fan has hardly any effect in there so it is so sticky. It's strange though as the internet weather forecast only classes this weather as "mild". Warm appears to begin at 28 degrees so I dread to think what hot is. At least I won't be stuck inside for it and will hopefully be able to jump in the sea :D.

Sorry this post is a little mopey, exam time seems to do that to me -but only one more day. In happier news on Saturday it was Graham's birthday so I made him a VEGAN birthday cake which was surprisingly nice and cake-like. Although not quite as good as normal cake- perhaps because I'm used to the baking of my mum and Tess though. Hmmm.

LOTS OF LOVE

Claire

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...